Thursday, February 18, 2016

Attracting Others

So the point is, people who attracted to you is the reflection of yourself.

That part was taken from Cicim's Tumblr.

Well, I can't guarantee whether that sentence is true (don't have any data about it). But I do think about it sometimes. Today included.

#nowlistening Banda Neira - Utarakan

Go back to 6 months ago ...
Luthfi, Gerry, and I were talking about 'partner' when suddenly Gerry brought the idea. He said that what come to our mind as "perfect traits in our partners" are traits that we wish we had. Interesting.

I think these two ideas relate to what I am thinking about today. That maybe you stuck with a circle of friends, don't know how the relationship started, but ended up knowing that each of them (including you) are so much alike. It's just like the law of the world itself only allows us to attract that type/kind of person. I don't know, not sure.

Complement each other. Bukan dalam arti berseberangan melainkan saling melengkapi. That should do if the second idea was right. Something we wish we had must be something we don't have, right? I think that's when the relationships will be at its best, every person in the circle is a complement of the other. Like a puzzle in bigger picture. Last longer with a deeper meaning, eh? That's why friends that stay with us sometimes are the one that have differences in this and that.

But I am aware that the second idea is kinda 'scary' if the person we attract is not emotionally independent. Something we wish we had must be something we don't have. That's the problem. People that emotionally dependent don't have sufficient self worth to feel full just by being himself. Ah what am i babbling about haha.

We have to be independent at first to become interdependent person (Maturity Continuum section, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People page 48-52).

I hope we are attracting the right person. 
I'm  not judging things, just lay bare all the possibilities.

#nowlistening Banda Neira - Langit dan Laut
mirip Mac Demarco favorit yang My House by the Water
Eh nggak deng ternyata ada liriknya. Masih lebih suka Mac Demarco ahahaha

I am replacing #nowplaying with #nowlistening. The first one doesn't sound right.
Cie tumben marah-marah bukan nangis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment