Thursday, June 11, 2015

SPY Movie Review

To celebrate Mom and Dad 22nd anniversary, my family decided to watch SPY, an action comedy movie. Well these two things don't have any correlation, we just wanted to hang out to celebrate the day haha

Okay, first thing about the movie that caught my attention was Jason Statham. I've watched many action movies starring Statham, but this one had comedy added to it. So it must be special. 
And there's no second thing. I watched this movie only because of him haha.

Spy has the perfect proportion of action and comedy in a movie. This one is super fun--compared to recent action comedy movie, Kingsman, which I hate-- and has a perfect amount of beautiful action sequence.


Melissa McCarthy (Susan Cooper) who usually sits in the basement as a CIA analyst go undercover after her colleague is killed by a deadly arms dealer (Rose Byrne). Being in the field for the first time, she didn't make us laugh by hurting herself or other typical comedy. Her style of fighting (plus the nicely written script) that both badass and entertaining made us laugh instead. The story was actually simple: from zero to hero. But all of the actors bring their characters to life.  This is where this movie win over another. How the emotional bond between McCarthy and Byrne built up throughout the movie is what I love the most in this movie. Serafinowicz and Statham's script really made my day.

Despite Statham is not the lead in this movie, you sure need to watch him in this SPY movie. Everytime he appeared on the screen, I laughed myself to tears. And the ending of the movie will make you love him even more. The jokes are simple but wow.


Cant wait to see Matt Damon in The Martian this November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment