Friday, April 17, 2015

Kerja Praktik 4: Mengejar Mimpi ke Jakarta (lagi)

Although the title is in Bahasa Indonesia, I would like to talk to you in English right now.

Why all of a sudden?
I am a bit disappointed for my English.
Well, maybe a bit more.

English is now this week's hottest issue for me.
In Thursday, I had to do 40-multiple-choices assessment test following my application for freelance-teacher position (teaching English) in an education company in Bandung. Actually, I am pretty confident about the assessment test. But I just thought that I should have done better. My English has been 'dull' because I never use it anymore. Well, in the micro-teaching test the panelists seemed satisfied so I was not worried about the Thursday.

And here comes the Friday.
I had to go to Jakarta for an interview. This was the first time I went to Jakarta by myself. Because dreams dont work unless you do, I had to do my best to work-everything's-out.
Booked DayTrans Dipati Ukur-Senayan City and Senayan City-Dipati Ukur for IDR 125.000 each. First time to travel using a 'travel'. First time to have lunch in Plaza Senayan. First time to attend a job interview. First time to have interview in English.

Well everyone has their first time so nothing to worry.

But I worried too much. Worried about the interview I mean.

I was scheduled to have an interview with Ms. Anggi at 3 pm.

2.10 pm: already arrived at the company's office
2.20 pm: feeling relaxed but excited
2.30 pm:"I'm okay, everything will be fine"
2.40 pm: 20 minutes to go
2.50 pm: Ms. Novlyza, the Talent Supply Assistant, greeted me and told me to wait a sec, she was going to looked for the interviewer
3.00 pm: "where is the interviewer? Is it me or the air conditioner is colder than before? My hands are shaking"
3.10 pm: the next candidate scheduled for interview at 4 pm had arrived
3.20 pm: Ms. Anggi was there waving at me. OMG.

And there goes the interview. Slow but (not) sure. Almost all of the questions were already expected. Nothing beyond expectation. Except the "walking-on-the-tight-rope" feeling. And it's killing me, killing me softly, Robbie William said.

I have never worried about my English skill. And that time, the confident was cracked. Don't know how to say a word. Everything was only in the head, the complete-sentence-answer I was expected to deliver was gone. Almost everything I said were like main point without explanation. Something the interviewer couldn't understand.

I hope this is not the end, need one (or more) chance(s) to make everything up, set everything right. An email is what I am waiting for right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment